Leadership position encompassing all aspects of seed production, packing, and order fulfillment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Field Manager in performing all garden activities including garden preparation, seeding, transplanting, watering, weeding, mulching, staking, fencing, harvesting, and garden clean-up.
2. Lead a team of field crew members daily during the growing season to carry out garden installation and maintenance.
3. Maintain accurate records of seed production, processing, packaging, and shipping.
4. Hire and train seasonal and permanent staff as needed.
5. Monitor, schedule, and perform seed processing activities including drying, cleaning, and conditioning. Assist with managing pests and diseases (scouting, pesticide application, other organic pest control methods) utilizing certified organic practices.
6. Assist with bulk and/or retail packet filling as needed.
7. Assemble orders and prepare for shipment. May also involve understanding of shipping software and operation of shipping computers/equipment.
8. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ag/horticulture experience with proven leadership abilities required. Experience with organic vegetable crop seed production preferred. All applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
Ability to communicate effectively with other staff
Ability to work well in a fast paced environment with changing day to day needs
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to operate small farm equipment including tractors, pickups, wagons
Ability to lift 30 lbs routinely, 50 lbs occasionally
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume & contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Crew Leader/Seed Tech in the subject line.