This FREE American Public Gardens Association member benefit provides current Association member institutions with the opportunity to offer Better Homes and Gardens or Martha Stewart Living magazine subscriptions to their new and renewing members and to all staff, volunteers, and board members. Offer valid in the United States and Canada.
Attention! For those who are familiar with this program, please note our new system. We are no longer providing cards for you to distribute to your members, instead, download, print, and distribute the below flyer around your garden. It contains easy instructions for your members to follow to receive their free subscriptions.
If you are new to this using this benefit, see below for further details and instructions.
What is it?
- This Subscription Program is a Member Benefit for Association Institutions (it is not available for individual members)
- This Member Benefit is available for the members, staff, board of directors & volunteers at each Association Member Garden/Institution.
- The Subscription Program provides a one-year magazine subscription to each person that purchases a membership from an Association Member Garden.
- The Program is voluntary – the Association provides a one-page form that garden staff can print and give to members that renew or join.
What are the Guidelines?
- Your Institution must be a current Association Institutional Member.
- This Member Benefit is intended to be an incentive to increase your membership sales.
- Do NOT send forms to current members – send forms to people who are in your renewal cycle.
- If a member does not wish to receive the subscription, they should simply throw away the form.
- If a member already has a subscription, they can complete the form & mail it to get a bonus year, or click on the link on the form.
What Do I Have to Do?
- Each participating Garden/Institution will designate a representative (or the Membership Manager).
- Print out or email the new forms. Please note that postcards are no longer used.
- After you print out the form, simply distribute them to people that have purchased memberships or renewed – It is best to include the forms in your acknowledgment letters.
- Do NOT distribute the subscription forms to current members – The Subscription Program is intended to drive FUTURE membership sales.
- This Program is NOT retroactive.
- Provide clear instructions: To redeem the subscription, each person must fill out the form and mail it directly to Better Homes & Gardens (not to you). Clarify to your members that it does NOT happen automatically. They have to complete the form. Allow 6-8 weeks for processing. They may use the link.
- You are encouraged to promote this Member Benefit on your own website.
- Feel free to distribute the forms to your staff and volunteers.
Who Should I Contact with questions?
If you are not sure which membership you have, please email Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email email@example.com
For Better Homes & Gardens or Martha Stewart Living customer service, please email MeredithPartner@cdsfulfullment.com